Cotton Incorporated was founded in 1970 to support U.S. cotton farmers and importers in the research, development, and promotion of cotton. They work to make cotton the best it can be through research and product innovations.
By The Numbers
cross-functional "innovators" trained in breakthrough thinking
breakthrough ideas generated
Cotton Inc, a national marketing and research organization for cotton growers, with a history of innovation, wanted to break down the functional silos between between the R&D and marketing groups and increase their ability to drive market breakthroughs
- Risk embracing sponsor willing to set the stage with a complex and potentially game changing topic for innovation
- Focus on teamwork dynamics first, before creative techniques and ideation
- Inclusion of catalysts from different industries to spark fresh connections
- Creative stimulus – and more stimulus!
- Deferral of decision making until ideas strong enough to be evaluated
- Ground breaking cotton fiber currently in development
- R&D & marketing groups collaborating on regular basis incorporating key techniques in regular meetings and interactions